Whether it’s a birthday or Christmas, finding the perfect gift for a close friend or fellow running enthusiast can be a real challenge. That’s why we thought to lend you a hand with some creative gift ideas that will surely make any runner’s heart beat faster.
No gift stays etched in the memory like a unique experience. And if the gift is a running event starting place, the receiver will experience the thrill of anticipation every day, turning each training step into a special countdown. When paired with shared training sessions, it becomes a gift destined to leave a lasting impression. Check out our running calendar to find the perfect event.
Perhaps less personal, but certainly highly appreciated and useful among runners, are running gadgets and accessories. Here is a list of ideas to take inspiration from:
- Technical clothing: breathable jerseys and pants, hat, gloves, socks, jacket…the choice is wide! Running shoes are a nice gift, but it’s important to make sure they fit the receiver’s foot. Keep the receipt for eventual changes!
- GPS watch: a device that tracks your workouts and monitors your progress is definitely a practical and appreciated gift! If it’s also part of the running.COACH compatible devices (Garmin, Polar, Suunto, Coros, Strava, Fitbit), it’s an added bonus 😉
- Stryd Device: Stryd is a wearable device that clips onto your shoe and communicates with your watch or phone. Great tool for analyzing performance in detail and balancing training.
- Wireless headphones/earbuds (if sweat-resistant even better!)
- Wearable belt or arm-mounted phone holder
- Sports bands or elastic mini-bands: incorporating muscle-strengthening exercises will make you stronger and more resistant to injury. We have grouped some specific exercises for runners here.
- Balance board: stabilization exercises are optimal for runners. You can buy a balance board, or, with a little skill, you can make one yourself and give your gift a more personal touch. Instructions on how to build a balance board are available here.
Training is one side of the sport; regeneration is the other. Recovery measures are numerous and some of them are very suitable for a gift: a massage, a visit to the spa, additives for a relaxing bath, a massage gun or even a cookbook. Of course, all of these items can be combined into a “regenerative package.”
Pasta or snacks for runners
Or maybe you’d like some running-specific energy, such as a gel, bar, or multivitamin. Homemade runner snacks, like bars, granola mix or well-packaged energy balls, also make great gifts.
A yoga class for runners is an ideal gift for improving flexibility and strength, reducing the risk of injury and optimizing performance while running. Yoga practice develops joint mobility and strengthens the core and legs, improving posture and efficiency. In addition to the physical benefits, it helps manage stress and maintain a positive mindset, which are essential for a balanced approach to running. With this gift, you offer the runner a powerful tool to improve both body and mind!
If your gift receiver is an avid trail runner, you might consider a gift that will enrich his or her wilderness experience. Here are some suggestions:
- Trail backpack with compartments for hydration and storage
- Powerful headlamp
- Lightweight waterproof cover
- Set of collapsible trekking poles
- Guidebook of the best local trails
- A weekend of training in nature, perhaps in the form of a camp led by professional coaches. For example, those organized by our Indurance partners.
But if you want to play it safe, give a voucher for the online running.COACH training plan 😉 A perfect gift for anyone who likes to structure their training. Contact us at email@example.com to arrange for gift certificates.
Create a personalized, dynamic training plan with running.COACH that will prepare you for your running goals based on your current fitness level. Try running.COACH for free for two weeks after your first login!